Thursday, February 11, 2010

Berg Violin Concerto: Szigeti, Mitropoulos / 3 Scenes: Kleiber


I am pleased to be able to offer these incredible live performances. The Mitropoulos/Szigeti reading of the concerto from December 30, 1945, in particular, has long been my favorite recording of the work. But I confess that I adore both performers. And the Kleiber recording, which I listened to after a long time of not hearing anything from Wozzeck, makes me want to listen to the opera again. It's about as gorgeous as German expressionism gets.

Link to all MP3 and FLAC files

1 comment:

  1. I promise this is the last comment I'll leave today (having just discovered your blog.) You've grabbed another one I was going to do for my own spot before I could get to it --- but that's OK: I'm looking forward to hearing your transfer. Once again, great work and good luck.

    ReplyDelete