Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Revisions to Budapest Qt. Beethove Middle Quartets

I discovered listening to the CD I made of it that the last movement of Op. 59 No. 3 of the previous post had a pronounced skip at the beginning of the movement. I have uploaded a corrected FLAC and MP3 of the movement in question, for those who have already downloaded, and replaced it in new zip files of the entire quartet so that subsequent downloads will have the corrected version.

Thanks for your understanding.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks, Lawrence! Unfortunately, there's also a big jump at 4:18 in the last movement of Op.59 No.2.

    Best wishes,

    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed there is. Thanks for letting me know. I was recording to an external hard drive this time; apparently the transfer speed is not fast enough. I'll have to re-record the movement.

    Usually I listen to entire restorations before posting. Evidently a practice to return to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lawrence, I just burned a CD of op. 59 no. 2 and heard the same skip at 4:18 --- before reading Nick's comment above. Do let us know if you are able to correct and repost the movement. A valuable set to have available. Thanks, TWS

    ReplyDelete
  4. TWS: I should, indeed, be able to repost the offending movement. The problem now is I have changed sound cards on my computer, and I am awaiting the arrival of an ordered preamp that the new card seems to need. The maximum recording volume now is much too low to recover the compromised quiet passages, even after running a significant gain. I suppose it is a S/N problem at that level.

    ReplyDelete