Thursday, November 3, 2011

I'll be back in December

Hi all. Sorry for the long absence. I will be back in December, after a month long trip to Southeast Asia starting today. If you want to follow my travels, I have started a travel blog at http://aethelraed.travellerspoint.com where I hope to post pictures and reflections on my journey. Though there are a few preliminary posts up, nothing of real interest will appear until the weekend, I imagine, or early next week.

Again, I hope to start posting music again in December, finishing the Bach Sacred Songs. The Haydn project is done on my end and should be out on CD after the beginning of the year. I'm afraid the delay is my doing; it took me a long time to finish the work.

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad you come back and continue your interesting posts soon! Have a very nice journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your journey and we will browse & enjoy your music in the meantime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog and for following my blog. Enjoy your trip! I'm looking forward to reading your travel blog and checking out your shares.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course the pressing question is: Do they have squirrels down there?
    Just kidding. I am impressed and jealous of your wonderful adventure! What in particular brought you there?

    The photos are beautiful - really, that's too mild a word. Thank you for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Squirrel: They do indeed, but consider them a good source of protein, so beware!

    The trip was amazing, and I hope to repost some of the photos now that I've had a chance to edit them on a calibrated monitor. Phonsavon is the next post, though, along with the sad and discouraging tale of American unexploded ordnance in Laos -- the most bombed county in the world -- and the continuing death and destruction it wreaks. I have a lot to say about it, but this is not the place.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Classical Music Lover,
    A month ago I resumed posting to my classical music blog Kammermusikkammer (which is dedicated to classical and modern western music: mainly chamber, piano, and songs). The recent post is about Clara Schumann (and Hans Holbeins ambassadors).
    Please: May you add the Kammermusikkammer to your list (blogroll) of lossless classical music blogs? I already list your blog on mine.
    Yours sincerely, WMS.Nemo

    ReplyDelete
  7. cool, i have been there also, 100 days, thailand , laos. on mekong river i met del negro, the monk from aguirra (kinksi) and we decided to stay together for laos. he put me up to phonesavan. the haircutter, we used also!

    ((((((-:

    del negro died before some years

    namaste!!!!!

    found you on kammermusikkammer

    apachee

    ReplyDelete